Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Emailing works in 11 but not 10

cmack

This topic is 4597 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am having trouble getting my email to work in FM 10. It was originally created in FM 10 and worked perfectly. I update to 11 and now the script will not work in 10. I am using SMTP on a Mac and there are no attachments involved. Is there some difference in the way email works in 11 that would cause it not to work in 10?

Thank you for any advice.

Cheryl

• 2 weeks later...

OK. I wasn't sure that you modified the script that you posted.

Honestly, it look fine. I see that you are pulling from the TO ReferralFromStaff and Discipline. I assume they are related, bcs I cannot tell what context you are in.

What happens when you don't use the built-in SMTP, but rather send thru a client?

Yes they are related tables and it just pulls the the correct email address based on who is writing the referral. I have no problems with the script in 11. When you hit the send button all works and the person receives the email but for some reason when using 10 it just gives me the error that is could not be sent.

I am not sure how to do that. This is the only way I have ever done it. We use FirstClass as our mail client.

Thank you for taking your time to look at this. I am still very much a novice when it comes to scripting and emailing is totally new.

This topic is 4597 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.