Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FileMaker vs Outlook - Send email (with Dialogue)

Abdully

This topic is 4599 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi everyone,

I need your help please…

Every time when my users send email (with dialogue) via Outlook in Windows platform, the screen (new email) locks both FileMaker and Outlook and therefore users are unable to go back to FileMaker window to copy and paste data into the email.

This feature was working perfectly fine in Mac, using Apple Mail. However, it broke once we’ve migrated from Mac to Windows platform.

This is a big problem for my users, as it is creating a lot of extra steps for them to do what they were able to do in one step before. They are now having to save the email as a draft and then go into outlook and flick between the 2 screens... this makes their job difficult when they have hundreds of records to plough through.

Your help is much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Automatic message

This topic has been moved from "FileMaker Developers & User GroupsShrink Wrap Solution Developers" to "The Presentation LayerReports, Printing & PublicationEmail".

That is the expected behavior of Outlook on Windows. Perhaps you can set the email body to the data they need. Why are they copying/pasting?

• Newbies

They need to copy data from different screens in FileMaker for multiple reasons.

I have set the email body with a standard template. However, most of the time they will need to add additional data. In other words, I have previously thought of your suggestion and believe me they'll need to flick between the screens.

Is there any solution for both applications (FileMaker & Outlook) to be released while the new email is not sent?

This topic is 4599 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.