Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Amount of accounts allowed in FM11 client

stuj1026

This topic is 4597 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

If there is, it is a high one. I once did a demonstration at a DevCon session and created 3000 Accounts. How many Accounts do you need?

BTW, if you have a lot of them, it can take a while for Manage Security to open and close. You might be better off with External Server Authentication.

Steven

Thanks for the reply Steven,

I did a demo file myself and created a file with 11,000 accounts. Did notice a slight slowdown on opening security on my system but nothing I could not deal with. We do not foresee ever having more than 1000 accounts at any time.

What we developed is a system to send quotes via a pdf file to prospective insureds. we use client / server system within our company as well as IWP for insured and prospective insureds. When the quote is created, we also create an account within an opener file with a combined quote number and a random number.. the pdf file is stored on one of our servers which is web accessible. We then embed the link to the opener file within the pdf file that was emailed to the user. The link is a direct link to the opener file, the startup script within the opener file grabs the account name which is the combined quote number and random number, extracts out the quote number. The opener file then relogs itself in as an account that is recognized throughout all of our databases and launches a script passing the quote number as a script parameter within our DB that issued the quote and takes the user to a layout that shows the quote. From here he can pay with a credit card and we issue the policy. It has been working quite well. Also, twhen the record is created within the opener file we auto enter the creation date. We run a script every nite on the opener file looking for record(s) that are more than 30 days old and then delete those accounts as all of our quotes are valid for 30 days. We also modified the iwp_auth.html page to say that the quote you are looking for has expired thereby eliminating the challenge screen within .

It's pretty cool.

Stu

This topic is 4597 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.