An error was encountered...

This topic is 4613 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

Today I started up my server admin console, and the overview screen reported that "an error was encountered communicating with the server" and the Web server panel is red. However, PHP is listed as 'on' and all my websites seem to be running fine. post-93168-0-48664000-1317379347_thumb.j

The database host is a Windows Server 2008 SP2, FMSa 11.0.3.309 -- this server also hosts the websites using an standard, out-of-the-box IIS deployment.

I've not changed anything since yesterday -- no updates to the OS, FMS, IIS or Java, and I've not played with the firewall, changed IPs or anything! There's no errors that I can see in the FMS server logs, or in the windows system logs.

I am accessing the console on my FM server , but the message is the same if I run the console from another computer.

Does anyone have the faintest idea what might be wrong? I see this thread from a few years ago http://fmforums.com/...__fromsearch__1 but it doesn't seem particularly relevent to my problem.

I'll try a reboot this weekend when (most of) my users won't get too upset, but this seems a bit of a sledge-hammer solution...

Any help much appreciated!

Cheers,

J.

This topic is 4613 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.