Robot Client using Windows Terminal Server

ejpvi

This topic is 4520 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Greetings,

This may be answered elsewhere, but I can't find a specific response to my question.

I am using a "Robot" client to automate a script I need to run nightly. I would have preferred to use Filemaker Server's Scheduled Run Scripts to do this, but everytime I run it, it gets stuck in an infinite loop or something, and the only way to get rid of it, is to reboot the server.

I am performing an ODBC SQL import through the script, it should be supported.. I think the problem is the 3rd party driver that has to be initalized... it just doesn't want to work when the scheduled script runs...

From Client side, it works like a charm. So after a little research, I found that people use the Robot Clients to automate scripts that use functions that won't work on the server.

I have the client setup. A local Filemaker file that has a script that runs on startup. That script executes the data import script from the main database. I then have a command to exit application.

I have heard you can use Windows Scheduler to run the local filemaker file at a given time. It will go through its scripts then exit.

I am trying to decide the best place to house this Robot Client. I am wondering if anyone has ever used a Windows Terminal Server. For my purposes it would probably be perfect, but I am wondering if due to the nature of how Terminal Server works if I will be causing myself or any of the users any problems.

Does anyone here currently use Terminal Server for something like this? Will the Robot Client still execute if I am not currently logged in as Admin on the Terminal Server?

I just want as stable a solution as I can get.

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 4520 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.