Notify us of new SC versions?

This topic is 4426 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hey Holly,

It sounds like you are looking for Auto-Update, which will be able to keep your plugins up-to-date. Auto-Update can be found at our website, at:

http://www.360works.com/autoupdate/

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions regarding SuperContainer, or any of our plugins, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the e-mail or phone number listed below.

• 1 month later...

Hello - I tried this but am having trouble with it:

- I added the script steps as suggested

- when I log in to our database, it suggests the update

- i agree to the update

- it shows a dialog that it was updated ("You are updated with.... version 2.852")

- but it did not update -- I have a copy of FM 10 Adv and 11 Adv -- I logged in with 11Adv but each of the SC plugins in the Extension folders say they were last updated a couple of months ago

What should I try?

Hello - I tried this but am having trouble with it:

- I added the script steps as suggested

- when I log in to our database, it suggests the update

- i agree to the update

- it shows a dialog that it was updated ("You are updated with.... version 2.852")

- but it did not update -- I have a copy of FM 10 Adv and 11 Adv -- I logged in with 11Adv but each of the SC plugins in the Extension folders say they were last updated a couple of months ago

What should I try?

Try manually deleting all instances of SuperContainer Companion plugin in both the FileMaker-> Extensions directory and the Auto-Update directory. After these files have been deleted, restart your FileMaker database and run Auto-Update. This should prompt you to download SuperContainer Companion plug-in again and save it to your Auto-Update directory. After the download, you should be updated to the latest version of SuperContainer plug-in (2.852).

I hope this helps.

Update! By removing the previous version of the plugin, in my Windows XP: C:Documents and SettingsUser NameLocal SettingsApplication DataFileMakerExtensions directory. I didn't realize that AutoUpdate downloaded plugin here rather than the Filemaker/Extensions directory.

Knowledgebase 6869

• 2 months later...

I'm guessing each user needs to delete PlugIns related to SuperContainer and the Auto-Updater? But what are they called? Should we delete these plugins: FMSAUC, xDBC, Web? Those are the only ones left and still not working.

Barbara, thank you. It may be true that the SuperContainer update is only necessary if you've moved to 12, but our auto-updater automatically tried the update, failed, and then none of us could see our docs. I took a guess that the Extension called FMSAUC was the auto-updater, deleted it, rebooted, and it seems to be working! Now working with each user to update as well.

You have it looking to 360works for the latest version and introducing it to your setup? I know that they offer this, but I would suggest not doing that. We manually load the plugin version on our server and let AutoUpdate pull to our clients. I believe you should carefully control all aspects of your environment -- especially java versions.

This topic is 4426 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.