Will SCSetContainer work in a serverside script?

This topic is 4507 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

JBSherry --

In order to use SuperContainer with FMS's server-side scripts, you would need the Enterprise License:

This license allows a single deployment with unlimited use within a SINGLE organization of any size, regardless of the number of users and the location of the users. It also allows publishing databases using FileMaker Server web publishing, and with scheduled scripts in FileMaker Server. It does not permit distribution of the product outside of the licensed organization.

I hope this answers your question... if you need any clarification on this issue, please do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail or by phone.

Hi,

Sorry, I should have been clearer that this was a technical question, although it's good to know the licensing requirements.

Given that Insert Picture and Export Field Contents don't work ServerSide, I'm wondering if I can expect SCSetContainer to work. I'm hoping I'm doing something wrong, but it's not working so far.

Thanks,

-jb

Yes, all SuperContainer plugin functions should work server-side if the environment has been setup correctly:

1. You have the correct license.

2. You've 'installed' SC on your server (check out our documentation, or do it manually by visiting here)

3. You've made sure that the script you are wanting to run has been set to work on the "Server".

If all these things are good to go, the script should work as desired.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

this was not functioning and you had confirmed by phone that this was similar to another bug that had been reported ( plugin not working in IWP, I believe ). I finally got a chance to test SuperContainer Companion Plugin 2.852 which was released the end of December, and am happy to report it's working as expected. I'm now able to export from container fields with a scheduled server script using the plugin.

Thanks for your assistance,

-jb

This topic is 4507 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.