fmserver user password

This topic is 4551 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Not sure what you're asking here. The Admin Console's credentials are established when FileMAker Server is initially deployed. Those credentials can be changed in the Admin Console itself.

Credentials in the hosted files are created during the development process.

What exactly are you trying to do here?

Steven

I am setting up a second server to do some processing of data separate from my main server. My plan is for the secondary server to run a bash script where it will ask (over ssh using the fmsadmin RUN command ) the primary server to execute a script. The executed script will export a CSV to the primary server documents folder, scp the file to the documents folder of the secondary server, and then execute a script ( again using the fmsadmin RUN command ) to process that file. I would like to use the default account specified in the filemaker server admin console to execute the pre and post system scripts.

FileMaker Server can export a file to its documents folder, but maybe not to the OS documents folder.

If the object is to have FileMaker Server process the CSV's data on the second server, can you pull the CSV data into FIleMaker Pro file? if so, why not just put it there directly over the network?

I don't think the default account credentials will work unless you are using External Server Authentication. But I have been fooled before.

Steven

Thanks for the interest Steven. I will let you know how it turns out. I am going to try and stick with an OS user with admin for the transfers and can always execute a chown on the csv to add the fmserver user to the permissions if need be.

Why bother with this? You can tell the Scheduled script to run under a specific OS Account in the Console in the Schedule Assistant. On Macintosh the default OS Account for FileMaker Server is fmserver. On Windows, it's is Local System.

Steven

This topic is 4551 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.