Server Maintenance This Week. ×

ESS with Sybase Server

This topic is 4542 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm pretty new to FileMaker. I have flooring software that uses Sybase which I need to integrate with FileMaker. I can import data just fine with an ODBC driver, but I can't establish ESS that will allow me to import my Sybase tables into the relationships graph.

A little searching on FileMaker's website led me to a page that said ESS is only supported with flavors of Oracle, MS SQL, and MySQL servers.

Does anyone know how to establish a live connection with other servers, particularly Sybase.

Thanks in advance.

• Newbies

Thanks for the response. I guess it's just not possible through FileMaker.

However, the project is important enough to me to find a solution. My programmer says he can probably write a C++ program on our machine that will "listen" to the Sybase DB and copy everything in real time to a new MySQL server and vice versa. Then I could use FileMaker's ESS with MySQL. Does this sound too contrived? Does anyone know of a simpler way?

Also, in my reading of ESS I am still a little confused. Does FileMaker copy the data over from the External SQL Source or does it simply show available tables in the relationships graph to allow my FMP DBs to push and pull from my ESS?

Any clarification would be appreciated. Thanks!

Also, in my reading of ESS I am still a little confused. Does FileMaker copy the data over from the External SQL Source or does it simply show available tables in the relationships graph to allow my FMP DBs to push and pull from my ESS?

B

This topic is 4542 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.