More Path Problems

This topic is 4519 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

All on the same machine:

Mac Mini, Mac OSX Lion Server, Filemaker Server Advanced 11, Filemaker Pro Advanced 11 Client.

I am sure that my general stupidity is preventing me from accomplishing this EZ task. I have some videos that I would like to view in a container field either using IWP (enabled) or on another remote machine with a Filemaker remote install.

I keep getting the same messages, no matter what I try, of "cannot locate URL" or no link or video at all .....

I have tried:

1) putting the video in the web folder of the Filemaker Pro Advanced Client, and trying to access via "Quicktime Access" I do not see anything in the field remotely via Filemaker or on IWP. If I insert as a "file" and select the "relayive file path" dialog I see the "link" in both Filemaker Advanced Client and IWP, but when I click on the link it tells me that it cannot find the file and lists the path .....

2) Have tried other weird derivations like placing the video file in the Library/Webserver folder on the server, and placing the file in the Filemaker Server web folder....of course that did not work either ......

Help????

• 1 month later...

Having what might be a similar problem here.

OS X server 10.7.2 on mac mini

FMS ADV 11.0.4

Was working fine on Snow leopard and FMS ADV 11.0.1

Upgraded to Lion and 11.0.4 and now IWP doesn't work

My set up is a self hosted website on the same machine using Lion's web server e.g. "http://www.mysite.com"

The home page has a link to IWP "http://www.mysite.com/fmi/iwp/cgi?-db=mydatabase&-startsession"

I only get the error "The requested URL /fmi/iwp/cgi was not found on this server."

I get the same error when accessing the url locally or remotely. I'm not sure if its a path problem, but I can't figure it out. Remote access via FM client works fine.

Any help would be much appreciated. I've got to get my database back up.

Thanks

This topic is 4519 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.