Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 4533 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have created a Full Site using FileMaker PHP Site Assistant.

Everything works well (including authenticating to external AD/OD server) EXCEPT…

When I edit a record (using a FileMaker Layout where all fields are editable) with the editrecord.php file, and attempt to Save the modification, I get a

Error: 509 - Field requires a valid value

Yet when I use FileMaker and login as the same user, I can edit the fields with no issues.

So either there is some issue with the FileMaker PHP Site Assistant which creates useless editrecord.php files, or something else, but I cannot figure out what.

Has anyone been successful using the FileMaker PHP Site Assistant and editing records with authentication?

• 2 weeks later...

Found out the following:

I had a Auto Enter Serial Number field called FormID.

Once I removed that field from the layout I was using for Browsing and Editing, everything began to work correctly.

I don't know if it was the name [FormID], or that the text field was an auto entered serial #, or if the field did not allow modification, or if it was because I had validation controls (Unique, Not Empty). In any case, once I removed it from the layout, I was able to successfully edit the record via the web page editrecords.php

This topic is 4533 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.