scroll bars shown when no content

This topic is 4535 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

With this style appended to the URL: "?style=listview+notitle+noscroll", and if there is no content for the specified URL, scroll bars are shown:

S2EO9.png

It would be nice if the scroll bar was not there - can that be done?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

I have the same problem in on list views. I've tried listview style, different sizes and no scrolls and I stil get scrollbars. I have found two ways to make them go away. One is when users navigate from the list view to the entry layout and then return to list views the scroll bars are gone. Also clicking between layout mode and browse mode makes them disappear, but the users certainly can't do that.

One very odd and maybe significant factor is that when clicking in the window scroll bar to make the layout move page by page they appear infrequently, whereas clicking on the arrow at the bottom of the window scroll bar to move record by record makes the web viewer scroll bars show up on almost every record.

• Newbies

Yes and No.

What your video shows is very similar to what I see with the method of window scrolling affecting when the scroll bars in the web viewer appear. But for me it happens the vast majority of the time on web viewers with no content. This table has 400K records and about 80K images, so about 80% have no data and there are large stretches with no thumbnails. The scroll bars which in my case are both the horizontal and vertical ones appear mostly on the empty web viewers. So I don't think your fix will help those at all, which is what your first post is addressing. I wonder if it's significant that I get both the vertical and horizontal and you only get the vertical?

My styling on this web viewer is: "?style=noapplet+readonly+noscroll&background-color=rgb(220,220,220)"

I tried adding listview and fixed sizes and a web viewer much larger than the fixed size and a few other things, but none of it made a difference. I kind of believe that the fact the it's so reproducible based on window scrolling method and that it doesn't seem to be record based, that there is nothing we can do to the code that will fix it.

Do you get the type of scroll bar as shown in my screenshot above? Or can you actually scroll the content of the web viewer?

I'm surprised to hear that you get horizontal scroll bars also. If the content is always a web-compatible image (jpg, gif, png, etc.) then the custom function I posted in the other thread should work for you. You loose a lot of functionality compared to using the native web viewer url, but if all you want to do is show an image in list view, then I think it's the way to go.

• Newbies

This is what I see. The web viewer on the left is the original - "?style=noapplet+readonly+noscroll&background-color=rgb(220,220,220)". The middle one has listview added and the one on the right has a width and height set in the style and the web viewer is about twice as big. None of these have a file where the web viewer points.

post-105236-0-25914600-1324349403_thumb.

This topic is 4535 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.