Setting up SuperContainer in shared volume

This topic is 4533 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

We have had a problem in setting up our supercontainer shared volume. The supercontainer does not allow to work (error 500) on a shared volume in its domain. We can of course write and delete with no problem form the Win Explorer, from desktop.

We have try to set up the current system:

Filemaker Server and SuperContainer both on the same server:

- Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition (32-bit) SP2

- FM Server 11.0.2.217

- Java 6.29

- SuperContainer version 2.792

Then in the preferences xml file, the WindowsFilesPath is configured to store the files in a net volume (\\host\sharedfolder).

To allow it in volume's host computer we have set up the folder permissions are in Total Control for All.

Just to prove that the setup works, from a XP SP3 (32-bit) client running Internet Explorer 8 y Java 6.29 we can flawlessly drop any file.

SuperContainer does not work with such configuration to save files in that net volume.

The error provided is a 500 which seems to be a permissions problem. I a missing something there cause I do not know if permissions is related to the shared volume or to the filemaker server/ supercontainer machine.

Thanks in advance.

Hey Jorge,

I would first suggest upgrading to our more recent release of SuperContainer (2.85), which handles several past bugs.

However, it definitely sounds like an issue with permissions... make sure that user "fmserver" does have read and write access to that folder and see if that makes any difference. This issue would probably be better resolved over a screen sharing session so that I may see what is going on in your environment and we can work through that issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

This topic is 4533 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.