TCP/IP data stream Help Required.

pete10uk

This topic is 4534 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi There.

I'm after someone to develop a solution to add information from a TCP/IP data stream to my filemaker 10 database.

I'm not sure how easy this is to do, but I would imaging this type of thing is a common thing in more complex solutions.

I basically have a piece of equipment which gathers id information along with a date & time, it currently saves this to a usb stick as a text file and we then import it to the database. I have found out that the equipment outputs a TCP/IP stream on port 10000 but I have no idea what this means or how to get it to interact in real time with the database.

Is this something any of you can help me with?

Cheers

Hi Pete

If this is a request to hire somebody to do this work, please post a method of contact i.e. e-mail, website, or private mail on the Forum in the form of a reply.

If on the other hand this is a request for how-to, let me know and I will move this thread to an appropriate topic area. If you have any questions about this, please contact me by private mail.

Lee

Thanks Lee

My request is either or.

I don't mind having ago myself if it is a relatively easy thing to do, but as I don't have a clue where to start talking to the device I would need a pointer in the right direction, but equally if someone can proved me a reliable solution to this for money, please send me a PM with any questions you have and if possible a guestimate on the costs involved.

Thanks

This topic is 4534 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.