This topic is 4487 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Problem. I have a date field. After "so many" days I need a reminder that it has

been "so many" days since that date was entered. I need the reminder to replay

everyday at a noon until it is turned off without deleting the date in the field.

I hope someone is willing to help me and I thank you in advance for your help.

I'm not even close to being a developer and I have to struggle through when

I have to do something like this so your patience is appreciated as well.

You could do this by installing a OnTimer script every time you open the file - i.e. your startup script would calculate the time remaining until noon and install the reminder script to run then. The reminder script would either turn off the installation or set the interval to 24 hours, depending on user's choice(?).

It's not clear what the date represents, though. Is there only one such date in your entire file?

Note also that OnTimer scripts are installed in the current window - so you must make sure the window is not closed during routine operations.

OK, but in a database you normally have many records in a table - say a table of company employees with 258 records. So the question is, does each employee (or whatever) have their own date - or is there one "housekeeping" date for all of them?

OK, but in a database you normally have many records in a table - say a table of company employees with 258 records. So the question is, does each employee (or whatever) have their own date - or is there one "housekeeping" date for all of them?

There is one housekeeping date for all of them.

OK, then try what I said earlier. Have your startup script compare the date against current date and check the reminder status (turned off or on) and if needed install the reminder script to run at next noon.

The reminder script should give user to option to "snooze" or turn it off. If user chose the former, the script will install itself to run at next noon (in case they do not close the file overnight). The other choice will result in setting the reminder status to off.

This topic is 4487 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.