Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Web Server Connector for IIS 4.0

This topic is 8528 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am developing a web site that will use a couple of different FM DBs. I installed FM Pro 5 Unlimited and the FM Web SErver Connector. The Web Companion cannot use the default 80 port because IIS is using that port. So I changed it to 90. The FM Web Server is accepting the requests because they are showing up in the Access.log.

I am unable to use the FileMaker WSC Admin link because it does not use port 90 and then the FM Web Server keeps coming back with File Not Found. How can I administer the Web Server Connector when I am unable to get to the adminstration portion of the site?

Reviewing the Web Security.pdf file, I made all of the changes they suggested and when I try to remotely administer the security I get a File Not Found error (http://localhost/security). When I couple the security directory from Web Security into the Web directory the main html doc appears however, I am unable to access the remote administration even though I am using the exact user ids and passwords.

Can anyone provide any insite?

------------------

Thanks,

Kevin

Yahoo! Messenger: prof_bunsen

Thank you for the information about Web Companion using port 591; however, that has not made any difference to the current status.

I suppose I should concentrate on one issue at a time.

I would like to be able to remotely administer the web security. If I use the default URL for security as specified in the Web Security.PDF file. So I typed in http://192.168.10.20/security. Replacing the ip address in the example with our server that has Unlimited and Web Server Connector installed. It did not work, because IIS is evaluating the URL. So I added port 591, http://192.168.10.20:591/security and I get the File Not Found. So I copied the Security directory from Web Security over to the Web directory and I am now getting the signin page. I enter the password and was prompted for my user id and password. I enter the information and I am denied. I made sure the Web Security.fp5 file is open in the FileMaker Pro.

The FM Access log only notes requests when I specify port 591. The Error and Info logs do not have anything even though I specified that they should be used. So I don't know what the problem is.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

------------------

Thanks,

Kevin

[This message has been edited by kwebb (edited December 14, 2000).]

Well it sounds like you are now connecting through to the web security databases and port 591 is working for you.

Are you sure that the username and password you are typng are correct? The password required for Web Security will not necessarily be the same as the password you previously used for the built-in security, unless you have explicitly made them identical.

Try opening the Web Security database in FMP and seeing what the (default) password is.

[This message has been edited by Vaughan (edited December 14, 2000).]

Are the security databases and WebSecurity folder inside of WEB folder in FM folder and running?

WEB folder is the only folder to get accessed by you (and the whole Internet World) through WebCompanion. Because of that I am administrating Web Security directly through FM.

I have not found any documentation that states you should move the security folder and databases within the web directory. I only moved the security directory because I noticed that it was not finding the directory and when I moved the directory it was able to find the folder. If the security folder and databases have to be moved in order for the web security.fp5 to work then that *really* needs to be included in the documentation.

Vaughan-

I am positive that the username and password I am typing are correct. I have changed them multiple times, tried them multiple times, and even tried variations of the usernames and passwords.

After reading lots of documentation it sounds like the Access Privledges and Web Security.fp5 are exclusive to each other. So if you use one you will not use the other.

I am trying to get the privledges working through Web Security.fp5. So I enabled Web Companion and configured it to use the Web Security DB. In the Web Security DB I have a record with DataBase Name "All Databases" and gave a password. I then entered 3 user ids with passwords and gave each different authority. For each published DB I have made sure the Sharing has been enabled and all options set.

Where should the security directory be? In the Web directory?

Where should the Web Security.fp5 file be? In the databases directory within Web, or within the security directory, or at the root of the web directory?

Where should my published databases be?

All of this documentation and I am not sure where things should reside. I have put the Web Security.fp5 in the databases dir under web directory and the published databases in the root of the Web directory, however, I am not having any success.

These published databases will eventually be accessed via ODBC drivers; however, they will be maintained via the Web Companion and I am looking to get this working.

All help would be appreciated.

------------------

Thanks,

Kevin

[This message has been edited by kwebb (edited December 15, 2000).]

Finally got the FM Web Connector working with the Built-IN Homepage. The "Built-In" option for the Web COmpanion was not showing up immediately after the "Enable Instant Web Publishing" was checked.

Now I just need to see an example for using ODBC drivers to connect to FM. I am also having problems with establishing a DSN for FM database. I will start a new thread for this question.

------------------

Thanks,

Kevin

This topic is 8528 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.