Server Maintenance This Week. ×

you can run infinite number of scripts by their names all from inside FM global field without using the "if" statement

This topic is 4499 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

dear FileMaker Forum,

you can run infinite number of scripts by their names all from inside one FM global field without using the "if" statement!!!

i had it working in one of my older solutions just fine!!! but since i am a disabled war vet with disability that puts limits a lengthy concentration / discussions.. i need to be shown, "WHAT TO DO", "NOT TOLD WHAT TO DO". Thats i work. i pretty much not think what to do. i just do it!!! if it doesn't work do it again differently!!!

i did have it working.. i was running numerous scripts all from one global field with a very simple AppleScript step. then i complicated it by wanting to run only one of six scripts their names stored in 6 repeating fields.

this is what i had but i had a global field there instead of the script name: (then i started to lose myself and all what i had built) even when it is all very simple.

•"do script """&giveSCRIPT&""""

somehow i was putting ANY script into my global field and that script name appeared in this ... "do script """&giveSCRIPT&""""

what i want is, doScript """fromMYglobal"""

in the above i was outlining the simplest steps for trying to understand something more what i want and know it works. Cause had it but lost it!!

WHAT i REALLY WANT is to run any one of six scripts (their names residing in 6 repeating fields. using the doScript step:

something like this: "do script """&get(repeatingFieldname;( myGlobalField)""""

disabled war vet

and proud of it

rob

This topic is 4499 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.