Admin can't delete records

This topic is 4477 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Under what circumstances is the admin account (with full access privileges) denied the right to delete records?

I am running a script (as the developer/admin) to delete all records in several tables but not all (ie: I cannot create an empty clone). It does the job in most tables, but errors (Code 200) in 3 of them.

I cannot manually delete records from any of the 3 tables either (being warned that I don't have the correct access privileges).

Check the current account and privilege set *really* is what you expect.

Possible causes are records locked due to multi-user, or file corruption. For the corruption, start by saving a compacted copy.

The 'empty db' script starts with a Relogin request (and exits if anyone else enters criteria), to ensure it's my account. As yet only one user and it is a recently compacted copy. No other strangeness occurring.

Could lookups be involved?

Aah - I've just tested something - there are 3 related dbs with lookups, all 3 have a seriously locked down account which 'owns' a 2-button 'Login' window - I cannot delete all records in any 1 database if either of the other 2 dbs are in that locked down account, ie: all 3 dbs have to be in my account. Obvious, well it should have been.

Thanks for your time/thoughts.

This topic is 4477 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.