Upgrade and plug-in compatibility question

This topic is 4478 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We currently have SC 2.73 running on our OS X 10.5.6 FMSA box and have clients using plug-in version 2.631.

Now we're adding some OS X 10.7.2 clients to the mix, with plug-in version 2.852 installed. FM 11.0v4 will crash on these clients when accessing the SC layout.

I'd like to update our FMSA to 2.852 in hopes that this solves the problems with new 10.7.2 clients, but need to confirm if the 2.631 plug-in clients can remain on that version or if they will need to update 2.852 as well.

Hey Dave,

I'd like to update our FMSA to 2.852 in hopes that this solves the problems with new 10.7.2 clients

Yes, this will resolve this issue as it was one of the main reasons we released the newer version. I honestly suggest upgrading ALL of your clients to the latest version of SuperContainer Companion plug-in and -definitely- recommend you upgrade the server to the latest version (2.852). Any Mac OS X machine that is accessing a SuperContainer server version that is older than version 2.832, they will experience crashes when trying to run SuperContainer in applet mode.

To make the upgrade process easier on your users, I suggest utilizing the AutoUpdate utility (SuperContainer script) from 360works so that the latest plug-in is automatically downloaded to each client machine connecting to your database. This will remove any hassle of having the user manually download/add the plugin to the appropriate directory (FileMaker/Extensions).

I hope this helps,

This topic is 4478 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.