Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Compare records in chart

appleskrott

This topic is 4447 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a newbie question. Hoping someone can help me out, or point me in the right direction.

I have a file with two main databases:

1. employees

2. how each employee does in sales per day.

So I have nice lists with a day-to-day sale overview for each employee.

Easy to make a chart for each employee - but I would like to do a graphical comparison as well.

Now I would like to make a layout where I can compare "Employee #1" and "Employee #2" in a "line chart". The chart would have one lines for each employe showing sales over time. The horizontal x-axis would show dates, and the vertical y-axis would show amounts.

The best solution would be a simple finished solution with two drop down menus for choosing two employees - and that this generates a chart. The chart should be look just simple like this:

post-106154-0-76233600-1329833999_thumb.

Does anyone know how do I make this work?

Thanks,

Appleskrott

The chart would have one lines for each employe showing sales over time. The horizontal x-axis would show dates, and the vertical y-axis would show amounts.

That sounds simple enough - provided both employees worked on the same days. Otherwise it gets much more complicated.

• Newbies

That sounds simple enough - provided both employees worked on the same days. Otherwise it gets much more complicated.

Yes, the days are the same. I have tried a couple of different approaches, and my problem is that I can only choose one employee at a time. When I try to choose two employees the graph disappears. How do I solve this?

This topic is 4447 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.