SC Installation problem - can't view images remotely

This topic is 4463 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've installed SC on numerous PCs and Macs, but am having a problem getting it to work at one client site. SC works fine in the office, but we just can't see images remotely.

The only thing that is different at this site is that SC is hosted on Mac Server. The host is running FileMaker Pro 11 v4. We have the latest version of SuperContainerserver.jar, we've opened port 80 and have verified that it is open via CanYouSeeMe.org. In System Preferences we have Web Sharing turned on.

Is there some special setting for Mac Server? What setup step have I possibly overlooked?

Thank you for your time and assistance,

Will

The only thing that is different at this site is that SC is hosted on Mac Server. The host is running FileMaker Pro 11 v4. We have the latest version of SuperContainerserver.jar, we've opened port 80 and have verified that it is open via CanYouSeeMe.org. In System Preferences we have Web Sharing turned on.

Is there some special setting for Mac Server? What setup step have I possibly overlooked?

The SuperContainerServer.jar file runs under port 8020 by default unless you edit these settings and the port within the Port input panel. This is available under the "Options" tab within the console window that is displayed when the file is launched. You can allow SuperContainer to run on port 80 by editing your server configuration file. The instructions for this can be found on our SuperContainer Product Support wiki page. I would definitely take a look there to make sure the configuration has been done properly.

There should not be any additional installation settings for a Mac Server when deploying SC than what is necessary when deploying on a Windows machine.

I hope this helps. If you have any additional questions or need clarification on any of the above, please do not hesitate to get back in touch with me.

Good luck,

Hi Obina,

Once I made the modifications to httpd.conf at one client site, the images were visible from outside the office.

I made the same modifications to the client with Mac OS Server, and the images are still not visible. Are you certain that Server doesn't require an additional configuration setting?

Thanks,

Will

This topic is 4463 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.