This document is read-only

This topic is 4468 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have had to update SuperContainer server to 2.852 as a client's FileMaker was crashing after updating their Java.

Now no one can upload files. They get Java message 'This document is read-only'. Does anyone know what the fix is for this?

Edit:

It seams to be the 'noupload' command. When I remove this from the code it is ok, but this takes away from the drag and drop feel.

Also now when they download a file it displays or downloads through the web browser. Any suggestions how do we stop this?

This is all happening in a Mac Snow Leopard environment.

andrew

Answered this through e-mail, but felt I should repost for the benefit of the community...

Edit: It seams to be the 'noupload' command. When I remove this from the code it is ok, but this takes away from the drag and drop feel.

This is true and was the cause for the "read-only" prompt. However, the noupload style should not prompt for this and should allow for uploads to happen. This was a bug and has been resolved in our source. We have not released a newer version of SuperContainer containing this fix as of yet, but we do plan to release a newer version of the plug-in relatively soon.

Also now when they download a file it displays or downloads through the web browser. Any suggestions how do we stop this?

This occurs with Mac OS X machines. Due to the Apple bug that fails to properly handle the new Java update, we were forced to run Mac OS X machines in "HTML" mode and not use a java applet (which, was able to open files using their native programs). In HTML-mode however, downloads are opened and rendered (if possible) in the browser and downloaded to your Downloads folder otherwise.

I hope this clears things up. If you have any additional questions or need clarification on this, please do not hesitate to get back in touch with me.

Regards,

This topic is 4468 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.