Server Maintenance This Week. ×

OSX print drivers that can print from FMP11 to a FedEx Zebra ZP505 Thermal Label Printer?

HALBURN

This topic is 3280 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

FedEx sent us a Zebra ZP505 thermal label printer to print our FedEx shipping labels. Unfortuantely, neither FedEx or Zebra support the Mac OS. I am running Mac OSX 10.6.8 and there are a couple of Zebra print drivers that came with the OS but neither of them can print to this specific Zebra printer. (According to Zebra, this printer is a custom OEM version of their printer that they produce specifically for FedEx.)

I came across a company that sells a FileMaker shipping solution for FedEx: http://www.nrgsoft.com/products/filemaker/fedex/

I have tried their demo and it can print to the FedEx label printer with no problems, so obivously with the proper driver it can print just fine from the Mac OS. I can see the driver that NRG is using with their FileMaker solution but it does not work outside of their solution. Unfortunately, their solution is only available as a monthly subscription service and they dont have an option to purchase the drivers separately. Does anyone know where I can buy a driver that would work?

• 3 years later...
  • Newbies

Hi

You can print from Fedex.com to a ZP505 on Mac OSX but you do have to pay for a driver to do it.

The driver takes the standard printer output and resizes, rotates and prints it straight to the Zebra printer.

Details of the product are here:

http://www.peninsula-group.com/mac-thermal-printer-driver/default.html

Hope this Helps, it will also allow you to print from filemaker to.

This topic is 3280 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.