Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Using SFTP

This topic is 4424 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I would like to use FTPeek to upload several files at a time to an FTP Server of a business partner.

I can drag and drop the files to upload to the server using Filezillia with there settings including sftp-ssh file transfer protocol with no key, logon type normal, no port set, a host ip address, and a user name and password.

Since I am collecting the files to upload to one using Filemaker I would prefer to program the upload using Filemaker. Can I use FTPeek_ConnectSFTP without a public key as they don't appear to require one since none is set in Filezillia and the business partner provided none.

Thank you in advance

Rich

I failed to mention that the method of security is we were required to get a static ip address from our isp and furnish it to our business partner to use on their ftp server for authentication. We can only connect to their server from one site for security.

Thank you. The public key did the trick but it did only worked because we used it from the static ip address that our client registered for our account. Thankfully and programatically FTP_Peek provided the ability to obtain the key but also required that it be used. For some odd reason with Filezillia we didn't need the static ip nor did the client give it to us.

This topic is 4424 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.