SafetyNet working but can't log in to Admin page

This topic is 4432 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

FMS11v3, SafetyNet 1.2

This was configured by something else and I can see the backups making it to the S3 bucket. But when I launch the admin page through the 8030 port I can not log in with an account that lets me into the regular FMS admin console.

The same setup works on two other machines. The account that I use for the admin console is part of the local fmsadmin group and FMS is properly configured to use the fmsadmin group (otherwise I wouldn't be able to log in).

Any thoughts on what to try? Is there any stored setting somewhere that I can wipe out. I don't mind reconfiguring SafetyNet if I have to.

Thanks & best regards,

Wim

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Wim,

In some cases a server administrator can create multiple accounts under a FileMaker Server administrator group (as you've stated -- either through FileMaker Server, OS X Open Directory, or Windows 7/Server Active Directory) that allows you to log in to the admin console with your credentials.

So, going forward, I would make sure that you are logging into SafetyNet using the 'original'/default user name and password for the FMS Admin Console that was created during the initial setup, installation, and deployment of FileMaker Server on that machine. SafetyNet is only able to recognize this default account.

I hope this helps. If you have any additional questions or need clarification on any of the above, please do not hesitate to contact me at the phone number or e-mail address listed below.

Regards,

This topic is 4432 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.