Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Listing Custom Functions

This topic is 4422 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Do you have FMP Advanced?

Even if you don't have FMPA, you can at least see the custom functions by opening up the calculation engine window (say, by creating a script with an If statement, and entering an expression into the If step). On the far right hand side of the calc window is an option that displays the functions available: change it to Custom Functions.

@vaughan - yes, we use FMP11 Advanced

@dansmith - We've got Base Elements which could potentially give us that information from the DDR, but this means that we have to regularly produce a DDR (manally) for the databases and then import the DDRs into BE - which takes several hours

This is a maintenance issue. We have a large number of legacy databases (70+) on our FMP 11 Advanced Server which we are steadily bringing up to date. We are installing custom functions in these databases, but we don't put every custom function in every database.

What I would like to be able to do is to install a generic FMP script into each database which when I call it returns a list of the custom functions that are installed in that database, so I can see which are present in that database. It is possible to do this with tables, layouts, scripts, value lists etc, but I can't see how to do the same for Custom Functions.

Thanks

Brian

This topic is 4422 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.