Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Can't disable Guest login (IWP)

This topic is 4422 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi:

I've got a flat file DB (Filemaker 9, OS 10.5) working well with IWP on my Macbook (ie, via localhost) and I'm getting ready to upload it to a Filemaker web hosting service.

However, I can't get the Guest account on the login page to go away. I never used it and just assumed I could turn it off when the time came to get the file ready to go on the web.

The default [Guest] account box is not checked in the "Manage Accounts and Privileges" dialog, and when I select the Guest account for editing, the Account Status "inactive" button in the Edit Account dialog is selected. The privilege set for [Guest] is the default [Read Only Access].

For what it's worth, I only have three privilege sets: Admin, User, and Editor. The default [Read Only Access] and [Data Entry] sets are not selected in any dialog.

What am I missing? Can I simply delete the [Guest] account name and be free of it?

Thanks,

Bill

You can try 1 thing in Guest account go to Edit option of Guest accout and uncheck the options

1.Access via instant web publishing(fmiiwp)

2. Access via Filemaker networl

and see the difference

all the best!!!!!!!!!

• Newbies

As far as I can tell, all options for the Guest account are unchecked. I think this may be a login page issue. I might have to design a simple custom login page. I don't know if my web hosting provider will allow this or not.

Thanks for your reply!

Bill

This topic is 4422 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.