Scribe - create catalog

This topic is 4431 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi -

I just downloaded the trial version of Scribe, and am trying to figure out how I could use it to create a single document containing data from multiple records in the database. I plan to gather the info I need to report into a virtual list, with each record containing fields Line01 through Line10. So I would create corresponding fields in the word document. But, if I have 100 records, how do I write each record into the same document? I guess it's like mail merge in word, but I'm not sure how to accomplish this using Scribe.

Thanks for any feedback,

Tom

The number of fields in the template document is not dynamically created by Scribe. In other words, if you are using the ScribeDocSubstitute you would need to match each replacement value to a placeholder value. You could concatenate the fields into a list and replace a single placeholder with the list. The plugin does not support line returns so the list would not be delimited by line returns. Also, there may be memory limitations if the list becomes too large. The actual "merging" of the field data would happen in FileMaker and the result would be passed into the pluign function.

This topic is 4431 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.