Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Spaces between bar code characters?

This topic is 8543 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a FileMaker solution which uses bar codes. Everything seems to work fine within the database itself, but when the codes are printed, space appears between each character of the bar code, making the scanner not scan the code correctly. It isn't FileMaker specific, since I copied and pasted the bar code into a SimpleText document and the same thing happened.

The spaces don't appear in SimpleText or in Preview mode in FileMaker. They are printing to an HP LaserJet 8000 series printer using Desktop Printing on a Mac via TCP/IP. I tried printing via AppleTalk instead, but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chuck

It turned out to be a corrupted font. We replaced it with a new copy of the font, and it worked fine. We were under the impression that this had already been done, but were apparently mistaken.

Thanks for the help.

Chuck

[This message has been edited by Chuck (edited December 05, 2000).]

One thing to look out for: postscript barcode fonts don't alway scale well. First choice is to use them at their native size. If you scale them up or down, do test scans with the scanners that will be used. If the barcodes are for parcels or something sent beyond your control, I'd stick to the native sizes. -bd

This topic is 8543 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.