Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Bar code equipment

This topic is 8234 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Ok it's a few months down the road, however I know it's comming!! I'm as new as you can get when it comes to FM, and don't know much more

when it comes to bar coding. What I think I'll want is something like I see people in stores using for inventory, where they can scan and type in the amount.

I might be blond, but the users of this system, arn't the "brighest bulbs glowing" if you know what I mean. ;-)

Its going to have to be easy to use!!

If any one can point me to some good reading (books), websites, and companies that carry hardware, it would help.

As I see it, when a project is taken on someone is going to bust their rear. It will be the person who sets it up or the one who has to use it. It's been my thought it should be the first on..... in this case ME! If I do my job right it should be a piece of cake for them.

You could go about this two ways: 1) Go to "medical school" and learn all about barcodes from books 2) ask your doctor the answer to your problem.

The first takes 12 years, the second should be about a 10 minute conversation. The first doesn't really tell you how to design anything and won't mention FileMaker. The second should solve your problem.

I'm sure there are all kinds of good books on barcodes, almost all of which aren't "how to's".

Since you didn't give any information about your platforms, exact computers, and details on your inventory application, a specific answer is not possible. If you want one, either post back, email me or give me a call:

Brent Dussia

Live Oak Systems

760-728-7046

[email protected]

-bd

• 1 month later...

I just stumbled upon your post and thought that you may still desire some further input. I'm using Silicon Valley Bus Co's USB bar code readers at this time. So far, they're the only company that I've found that provide editable X-Plat FileMaker Pro

This topic is 8234 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.