FMS upgrade 9.03 to 11--HELP!

This topic is 4416 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am in the process of upgrading my FMS 9.03 to FMS 11. Here's my problem: I upgraded our OS from Tiger Server to Snow Leopard Server 10.6.8. Ever since I did the upgrade, I've been unable to launch the FMS9 application. I'm running Java 6, which I am betting is my problem. I tried to download Java 5, but I get an error that it's no longer supported. I would like to A. Review the scripts I have running in 9.03 to make sure I transfer them over correctly, B. Stop the Database, then C. Upgrade to FMS11. Then in a few months upgrade to FMS12, but first things first.

How should I proceed? My last resort may be to stop the database in Terminal and keep my fingers crossed that my memory is good enough to transfer my scripts correctly. Thanks!

I assume you did not make a backup of the server BEFORE upgrading the OS, otherwise you would have simply rolled it back. A lesson for next time.

Try running the FMS9 admin tool from another computer. The older the OS on this computer the better. Oh... try a Windows box, might be a quick fix. :)

If that fails, either use terminal to disconnect guests, close the files and stop the server (must be in that order to ensure the files are closed properly). Or wait until you know the scheduled backup has been completed, force-close FMS and use the last backups for production in the future.

Moving forward I'd back everything up, erase the whole disk, install 10.6 and all the updates, then install FMS 11 and all the updates. The load up the files using the remote admin tool and setup the scheduled backups etc.

This topic is 4416 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.