Macintosh iMac to IBM

rkemp

This topic is 8444 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

What is the procedure to convert or transfer the FM pro database from iMac to IBM.

Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction to find the required information

Thanks

There is nothing special, take the FileMaker files ie (File_A.fp5, File_B.fp5, etc) copy them on a Zip disk. or compress them and email them, burn them on a CD.

On the IBM (I assume you mean Windows?) copy the files or download them, you of course need FileMaker for Windows running in order to access the files.

quote:

Originally posted by MacNut:

There is nothing special, take the FileMaker files ie (File_A.fp5, File_B.fp5, etc) copy them on a Zip disk. or compress them and email them, burn them on a CD.

Make sure that you have the files named with the ".fp5" extension. This is how Windows identifies they file type.

Then make sure that you compress the files into a Stuffit archive. This prevents lots of little file translation errors.

quote:

On the IBM (I assume you mean Windows?) copy the files or download them, you of course need FileMaker for Windows running in order to access the files.

Extract them using Stuffit Expander for Windows, and everything should be ok.

This topic is 8444 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.