Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMS12 Admin Console quits

This topic is 4388 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Anybody got it working ok?

I've installed FMS12advDev on a Win7 home Prem box and FMS is running fine but the admin console only runs for a few minutes then it quits.

Anti virus is off, firewall is down... happens locally as well as remotely with every kind of OS. Doesnt seem to matter whether if it's the latest Java or older builds. Yes, the cache is cleared.

Anything in the logs on the server side? I'm wondering if it is something on the server that causes it since you're seeing the issue on remote machines too.

I'm running FMS12 on Windows 2008 and on OSX 10.7, accessing the admin console locally and remotely (including on Win7) without it quitting on me.

Ok, since Andy has not returned...

Our issue:

The Admin Console fails and cannot be accessed, even via the command line!

The Machines:

i5 & Xeon processors

8+gb Ram

Windows Server 2008 R2 - Also Win7 pro machines

Some boxes came with onboard GB Nic (we had to add separate NON-GB Nic in some).

Our Disclaimer Thingy: We only have one box running FMS12 here in the office as a test unit (it failed as well). All of our customers boxes are running FMS11 and the Admin Console failed on each one at some point. Since the fix worked for all of our FMS11 units, we applied it to the new FMS12 and have not had any issues to date with it. The problem we now have is with FMP12 which are currently being discussed here...so we are waiting to deploy any FM12 products for a while.

The Fix (for us):

Every machine we had eventually failed via the Admin Console (we even gave remote access to people with far more FMS knowledge that we had...they could not get in either) and we were ready to shoot them all with a shotgun. We were told it was everything from Java issues to the humidity outside :laugh2: .

Here is what we did to combat the failure of the dreaded Admin Console Issue.

All Nic,'s must be disabled except for the Ethernet being used. Go to your Device Manager and click on Network Adapters (not all are shown). Click on View, and then select "Show Hidden Adapters". You will see all adapters available. We disable all adapters here (including Miniports) that we do not use.

Many machines now come with wireless built in, this must be disabled as well. Check your BIOS as well to disable the unused Nic's.

We also disabled Virtualization via the BIOS.

We disabled IPv6 also.

All servers are given a static IP.

All of our machines (2 onsite and 8 remote machines) are now accessible either by the Admin Console or the Command Line without any issues for several months. We now update all windows patches and all Java updates without any issues (we are currently running Java 6.31 on all boxes).

Hope this may help someone as the Admin Console issue was a massive issue for us as well.

This topic is 4388 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.