Scribe not working with FM Pro 12 Advanced

This topic is 4406 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I just upgraded to FM pro advanced 12, copied the Scribe plug-in to the extensions directory and it shows up in the preferences menu as enabled, but I don't see any evidence of Scribe in the manage scripts area - am I missing something? I have the latest Flash installed on Win 7 64 Bit.

• Newbies

I should have mentioned that it was the demo version of Scribe I had copied to the extensions directory. When I load up the how to use scribe project, the doc find / replace script works as intended, but I cannot edit any scripts to try and get selected fields from an Excel sheet - is that the limitation of the Demo version? Once registered, do all the scribe functions populate the script editor for selection like the regular filemaker functions?

Once you have the plugin installed you will see the functions in the Specify Calculation dialog box. On the right side where the default is "View: all functions by name" the Scribe functions will be listed if you change that selection to External functions.

Plugin functions do not show up as FileMaker script steps. Instead, they are accessed by either a "set variable" or "set field" step and accessing the functions as described above.

As for the script in the Scribe sample file, it is set to log in automatically with user: Admin and no password. This is a full access privilege set and should allow you to modify scripts as you like. Be sure you are trying to do this through the Script menu as the Example Script on the screen is a non-editiable screen shot. Keep in mind also that there is a tab in the sample file "Extract Field" that enables you to pull a value from an Excel spreadsheet. This uses a different function (ScribeDocReadValue) than the find/replace (ScribeDocSubstitute) and you should familiarize yourself with the documentation before trying to modify scripts.

This topic is 4406 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.