Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMS12 web publishing installation - error

This topic is 4281 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All,

I'm running into a problem installing FMS12 web publishing on Windows 2008 R2 Standard.

FMS12 is installed but without web publishing, I'm trying to add the web publishing by running the deployment wizard from the admin console. IIS7 is installed and running. Default web site is running, it has ID #1, I can see the IIS7 start page in my browser. Anonymous authentication is enabled, all other authentication is disabled. Anonymous is default, has the iUSR set up and that account exists.

When I get to the point in the FMS deplpyment wizard where it connects to IIS I get the following error:

"Test web server (http://xx.xx.xx.xx:80/fmi-test/test.xml): Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?"

I verified that SSL is disabled in FMS itself. IIS does not have SSL installed.

The FM knowledge base has nothing on the error.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Wim

Figured it out. I used that same URL in a browser and got a more meaningfull error:

HTTP Error 403.18 - Forbidden

The specified request cannot be processed in the application pool that is configured for this resource on the Web server.

Checking the app pool showed that the FMS stuff used the application pool "DefaultAppPool" and the IIS default web site used "default application pool". Changing the FMS test page to that pool didn't work because when you retry the deployment wizard, the FMS installer changes it back to "DefaultAppPool". That "DefaultAppPool" did not exist in my available application pools so I manually created it, set it as the app pool for the whole default web site and voila... the deployment wizard was able to connect to IIS and complete the installation.

• 3 months later...
  • Newbies

HI,

I'm new in FMS, and I Have problem when I deploy the web server.

But for know I did the deployment and it's everything green, but when I tried to make these test

Instant Web Publishing

(Open the FMServer_Sample test database via
IWP
)

PHP Custom Web Publishing

(Open a PHP page that accesses the FMServer_Sample test database)

It gives the following answer

Not Found

The requested URL /fmi/iwp/cgi was not found on this server. Apache/2.2.22 (Unix) PHP/5.3.13 with Suhosin-Patch mod_wsgi/3.3 Python/2.7.2 mod_ssl/2.2.22 OpenSSL/0.9.8r DAV/2 Server at 192.168.0.24 Port 80

Any help???

Thanks

David Gonçalves

This topic is 4281 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.