Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Calculation field will not evaluate global variable

This topic is 4386 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a virtual list, similar to what's described here http://fmforums.com/...virtual-tables/. I've got a separate table set up for the virtual list, and have a script that populates a global variable $$REPORTVALUES. For some reason, my calculation fields in the virtual list table will not evaluate $$REPORTVALUES or any other global variable. I don't know if this is something I'm setting up wrong, or something peculiar to FMP12. I've tried setting the values field to evaluate other global variables, but still no luck.

I've attached screen caps.

Thanks,

Tom

post-86592-0-91773500-1335898718_thumb.j

post-86592-0-11068500-1335898729_thumb.j

This doesnt tell the whole story. The script is what you should have posted. Briefly looking at it though, it seems as though you are using a dash instead of a pilcrow.

John,

Thanks for your reply. For trouble shooting purposes, I changed the values__c field to evaluate $$CURRENT_OPINION_ID (a known value) rather than the $$REPORTVALUES created by my script. There may be issues with the script, but it seems like the values__c field not being able to read/evaluate any global variable is a separate issue. I can copy the variable name from the field definition (where it is not evaluating) and copy it into the "Watch" tab of the Data Viewer and it evaluates correctly.

This topic is 4386 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.