Server admin runs Deployment Assistant every time

This topic is 4392 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a FM 11 Server Adv which has been in Production for over a year, sitting on Win 2k8 R2. I have real problems with Server Admin. It used to just not launch, despite having updated FMS to re: the Java issue.

Now, every time I launch Server Admin The Deployment Assistant starts. I don't want to complete it in case I mess something up and bring the server down - it's serving it's DBs just fine, I just can't check logs or changing things using the Java GUI.

Any ideas why the Deployment Assistant is behaving like its a new server, when it's working quite happily. How can I launch Server Admin without the DA starting?

Oh, I've run the latest Java updates and still no dice, same deal

It sounds like someone has tried to reset the Admin Console password. When someone tries to do this, they are required to go through deployment again. The cause is that the deployment configuration files have been deleted.

What the culprit likely did: http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6989

Thanks, that's possible I suppose, (despite everyone being under strict orders not to touch things like that).

I notice this morning I have 20 or so instances of the deployment assistant running alongside 20 or so 'Admin Console Locking Error' all listed inside Task Manager 'Applications'.

I quit them all and now I've made it worse. Now when I launch the admin console page and I get the response that 'another use is deploying FM server', even if there's no window showing anyone doing so..

Thanks g40sty, I guess I've no choice but to bounce the server and run through the deployment process

Bad to worse I'm afraid.

Ran through the Deployment Wizard and it balked at the Web Server detection phase; it didn't recognize IIS7. Churned out this error

Deployment/Configuration error - 13 Configuration returned error 2,506 when configuring the following component: wpe1

I expect I'll find it somewhere. I've found a couple of leads so far that are dead ends...

I quit and relaunch my browser having cleared my Java Temp files. Go to login again and wrong UserName and Password, it says, but they are right, just what I'd typed in earlier, same as they were originally. It just says they are wrong.

Server is still delivering it's content, I'm just flying blind with no admin console and am not sure how it's all gonna react to a reboot, or system Update or whatever.

Looks like I'm facing a reinstall (and drop back to earlier Java version? 24?) of FMS server

This topic is 4392 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.