Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Custom shortcuts in OS X Keyboard Preferences

eos

This topic is 4341 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

In the Keyboard Shortcuts tab, Application section of the OS X Keyboard System Preferences, I've defined some shortcuts for menu commands which can't be selected for Custom Menus, like Script Debugger and Custom Functions, or to use keys which are common in other applications (like Cmd-plus and -minus to zoom in and out, which FM's Custom Menus doesn't accept as shortcuts).

The shortcuts worked and still work nicely with FileMaker 11 (and are displayed beside their respective menu items), even if FM 11 and 12 are open at the same time. No such luck with FM 12 (and yes, I tried them in FM 12 with 11 being closed), even though the commands have the exact same names, and I went to the trouble to create the shortcuts anew and explicitly select FM 12 as the target application, just to make sure. Have other Mac users made the same experience?

• 4 weeks later...

Yup. That's my experience as well. Almost makes me want to chuck it and stick with 11. I have been using Matt Petrowsky's wonderful set of keyboard shortcuts for FMPA 11 and have gotten REAL used to them.

This, um, "Inhales sharply!"

I had the same thing. I don't remember what I did exactly, but now it works. I even have different shortcuts for 11 en 12.

I think I somehow disabled FM11 and then defined them again for 12. Later I rehabilitated 11. I'm not sure how and in which order. Just fiddle around a little.

Siucces

This topic is 4341 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.