FM Go in place of Pro?

This topic is 4381 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

So if I have several people in the office and we network FM using FM server. And then someone has FM Go on an iPhone which was somehow same program as on server but different layout, right, then that person on the iPhone could enter data which writes directly to the served version instantly? It would be because they are connected to that served file even though they do not have filemaker pro ?

I would want the Advanced so I can debug and such but pro wouldn't even be needed on server box. So could we have FM Server, my copy of Advanced and then 10 iPhones with 15 copies of Go to input? Oh. This would be question for 12 particularly since Go is free if I understand correctly.

Edited by David Nelson

Yes.

Note that the feature set of FM Go compared to FM Pro is different due to the limitations of the mobile devices.

There are some gotchas: for instance, on the iPhone if a call comes in then the iOS closes the active application immediately. It to happened to be FM Go while the user is entering data, then bad luck. Same deal if the Home button gets clicked: bang, out.

IMHO the opportunities for FM Go are limitless, but it is not the same experience as FM Pro client.

This topic is 4381 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.