Cross File Scripting on Server

This topic is 4377 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello all --

A little while back I moved from: MacOSX FM Server 10 Advanced on MacOSX ... to: FM Server 11 Advanced on Windows. My current production solution is 3 files in a Folder that all "know" about eachother. (In "External Data Sources" they reference eachother by file:xxx).

In Filemaker Server 10 Advanced ... as long as your Files you wanted to "cross file server script" with were in the same folder on the same machine and you use the above "file:xxx" ... you could get away this.

Well since the move to 11 and switching operating systems ... these Server Scripts fail. I can provide the error number ... if you need it ... but this exact same scripts were working fine not to long ago. Anybody have any advice?

Thanks,

--Rich

As long as the files are all in the same folder you should not have any issues. If some files are in different subfolders then you need to use some relative paths (like ".." in the file reference.

If the files are all hosted on the same FM Server box then the folders are ignored.

Except in server-side script schedules. Then the relative path is absolutely necessary. For anything that is executed strictly on the client then the simple "file:" reference is enough.

This topic is 4377 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.