Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Data Corruption

pbhomes

This topic is 8658 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Our system is as follows: We host our databases on a NT 4.0 server and the clients are 4 Windows 98 workstations and 2 Mac workstations (1 running OS 8 and the other running OS 9). All of the above are using FM 5. Our data keeps getting corrupted and the culprit has been narrowed down to the Mac workstation using OS 9.

How can I get this workstation into the network without ruining our data? I upgraded to FM 5 because I was told it is compatible with OS 9, but I keep having problems. HELP!

All suggestions welcome.

quote:

Originally posted by pbhomes:

Our system is as follows: We host our databases on a NT 4.0 server and the clients are 4 Windows 98 workstations and 2 Mac workstations (1 running OS 8 and the other running OS 9). All of the above are using FM 5. Our data keeps getting corrupted and the culprit has been narrowed down to the Mac workstation using OS 9.

How can I get this workstation into the network without ruining our data? I upgraded to FM 5 because I was told it is compatible with OS 9, but I keep having problems. HELP!

All suggestions welcome.

Hmm, OS9 is causing problems? How to fix?

Ahh! Remove OS9 and go back to OS8.6!

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Senior Filemaker Developer

http://www.database-resources.com

mailto:[email protected]

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Short of going to an older os, try os 904, and filemaker 5.0v2or3. Also make sure everyone (especially the os9 machine) is opening the file properly (using host button). I havnt seen many os9 and fm problems but getting the latest updater has resolved all that with fm (that I know about).

Hope this helps

Beltro

This topic is 8658 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.