Super Container / Java and Internet Explorer

This topic is 4288 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

i have some troubles with my super container. I got a java runtime error message if i open my filemaker database via IWP in internet explorer 9. Java is activated in the setting of IE9.

Does anybody know the problem?

If i open the database in firefox i have no problems. I have to say that i have 10 web viewer windows for each dataset (totaly 101 datasets) which connecting to the supercontainer plugin.

I hope anybody can help me

Bye

username2010

The reason FireFox is not complaining for you is because it does not use the Java applet by default, where as Internet Explorer does.

i have some troubles with my super container. I got a java runtime error message if i open my filemaker database via IWP in internet explorer 9. Java is activated in the setting of IE9.

Although the "settings" have been made in IE9, be sure that you have downloaded Java and that it is functioning correctly. To test whether your Java applets are loading correctly, try visiting this website.

Regards,

• 2 months later...

I have one computer that just updated IE and Java and now all I get is a spinning Java logo and the files don't load in the container. I don't have this issue on others, so should I downgrade from Java 7 release 5?

Hmm,

I have one computer that just updated IE and Java and now all I get is a spinning Java logo and the files don't load in the container. I don't have this issue on others, so should I downgrade from Java 7 release 5?

Downgrading is one option (most "effective" on Windows machines), but you can try to use the "noapplet" style to disable the Java applet, and therefore the spinning Java logo, from displaying on Internet Explorer.

I hope this helps,

This topic is 4288 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.