Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Sticky sub-summary problem I just can't lick

Rich S

This topic is 4320 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Greets, all:

I'm having a royal brain hernia this morning, partly because whoever bought coffee in our office bought decaf so I'm operating in neural first gear.

The issue is I can print one record just fine (Click the Print Button -> This One button) but I'm stuck with how to go about coding the script for all the records in the found set (Click the Print Button -> All button). I couldn't attach the file here for whatever reason (after compacting it, too) so here's a link to grab it: Health Center Forms .

As you can see, the report is created through a parent-child relationship with the sub-summary sorting by MED or PRN, then by Start date.

I've tried GTRR and looping routines (to store the Child data in a global field that's popped into the Print layout), but I wasn't successful; I probably either (or both) coded the script wrong and/or don't have the parts set-up correctly in the layout.

TIA for your guidance and suggestions!

Ciao,

Rich

Edited by WF7A

Hi can you use the URL link option so that it doesnt get truncated. I cant even make out what the URL is

Just bumping the post; I fixed the link.

Mr. V: I still can't upload the file--it's compressed to 14.3MB but the Download Manager states it can handle up to a 50MB file.

Your script for the child records shouldn't just be go to layout. That would only have the records of your last found set. You need to use Go to Related Records ( show related only, Match Fount Set options ). Then the grouping, sorting and subsummary should work.

This topic is 4320 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.