Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Problems syncing from local database, but only with some tables

This topic is 4305 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello there

I've recently installed the MirrorSync script (version 1.2) for use with an iPad, which needs to store data when it is offline and to sync back to a FileMaker database (and grab data from the server) when the sync script is run. I've followed the setup instructions and MOST of it is working fine. There are currently no problems with downloading information from the server to the iPad version (or to a local MacBook version), but I am experiencing problems with some of the syncing from the iPad to the server. This is what is baffling me. If it didn't sync from the iPad to the server at all, it might be easier to explain, but it seems that the majority of tables are syncing fine. Everything except the three most important tables I have - clients, orders and invoices.

I've looked into the field definitions for the kp_ID field and the timestamp field are they are exactly the same as the tables that are syncing correctly (all 9 of them), so I don't think it's that. I've made double, trebly sure that the mapping of the kp_ID fields is correct on the mirror sync setup screen, and I have checked that all of the fields that I need to complete the sync are included on individual layouts (client_sync, order_sync and invoice_sync). I have made sure that I perform the sync script to link it with the server before making any changes on the local version. I have also tried modifying existing client records on the local version to see if the modifications are synced up to the server (they're not) - even though all records created or modified in a table related to existing clients (for example the notes table) or existing orders (such as associated order lines) ARE being synced back to the server.

I'm at a bit of a dead end now though and having banged my head against this for the best part of a day and scoured online for solutions to my problem, I'm asking you for help! Frustratingly, when I look at the modification timestamp for the local records that I'm trying to sync up, it's showing correctly to the time I attempted the sync, so it's even more puzzling. If you can shed any light on this or help me resolve this, I'd be enormously grateful. It's so close to being the perfect solution for what we need, but as it currently stands, I'm not able to deliver the database to the client until this is sorted out.

Thanks

Mark

Hi, Mark:

I would suggest you review the validation options, but especially the "Prohibit modification during data entry" — that could be what's preventing sync of those fields.

I would also save a copy of the local file before you sync. You can always "import" from that file, if you're changes are lost.

Best regards,

- - Scott

This topic is 4305 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.