Filemaker 12 Java? Start Page not opening

This topic is 4272 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

On FM Server 11, there was a issue with Java. We solved this issue but uninstalling and reinstalling Java. Now on a new version of 12, we updated Java and now we cannot get into the Server Start Page. Tried the same thing that worked for 11, but apparently there is more wrong.

Anytime you double click on the Start Up it says "The shortcut for javaws.exe is missing, would you like to remove it?" I don't know if I want to or not. If you open the "Start Page" that is in the Start > All Programs > Filemaker Server 12, it gives our information and says that you need to install "Java 6 or newer." We've done that, and even manually installed JavaFX, but still nothing.

I saw this: http://fmforums.com/forum/topic/78863-java-updaters/ but it's for FM Server 11. Does anyone know of a fix or should I go back to a older version of Java?

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue in FMSA 12, I cannot launch the Admin console on my Mac OS X.7.4 machine running Java 1.6.0_33-b03-424. The java application downloads but then doesn't ever launch completely. I found THIS article, which says clear the cache, which I have done numerous times and it doesn't help. Arg. I've tried watching my log files, but I can't see where it coughs out on me....

Edit Edit! Well NOW I feel like a total idiot... I had port 16000 open in my firewall, but apparently the admin console depends on Port 16001.... After 20 minutes on the phone with FileMaker Tech Support I now know this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

I have a similar yet different problem. We recently installed FileMaker Server Advanced 12 on a Windows server. I have an iMac with OS Lion 10.7.4. I cannot open the console to access the databases from my Mac. My IT person who takes care of the server says, that it's not a problem for him to access the server and that I"m the only one having the problem. Unfortunately, I am the person who needs access to the server to administer things. I saw the FileMaker solution if you are installing the server software on a Mac but my situation is different. I had a similar problem with an earlier version of FileMaker, but installing a Java update took care of it. Any suggestions? I cannot find anything that addresses this particular problem. Thanks in advance for your help.

Jean Reese

Middle Tennessee State University

FileMaker 12 Advanced

FileMaker Server 12 Advanced

This topic is 4272 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.