Server Maintenance This Week. ×

W2K & Dell

marija

This topic is 8124 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Apparently, there is a problem with some drivers installed by dell on windows 2000 machines. I am creating a widely-distributed run-time CD, so will not have control over my users. The suggestions I've seen has been to turn off the audio program or uninstall sound driver...etc.

I noticed that the tech article says that 5.5 has the problems, too. Is this true? I saw a post on here that says 5.5 fixed the prob...

Also, would I need to upgrade the developer software?

Thanks much for your input!

• Newbies

hi,

i have been setting up dell optiplex gx150s (with celerons and intel 815 motherboards, with the soundmax audio on board) and i have tried unsuccessfully to update the sound drivers on these systems (the intel drivers don't install correctly from the intel.co.uk site!!) and have had to disable sound on the dell system to get fliemkaer to work correctly... even on dells site they have sound drivers that are about 1/2 years old...

has anyone succesffully remedeed this problem with updated sound drivers?

as having no sound (considering the users are moving to pcs from macs) is fairly unnacceptable, plus we can not afford to upgrade from filemaker 5 to 5.5...

any ideas?

Josh

- also, why don't filemkaer make some kind of patch for filemaker which would allow it to work?

This topic is 8124 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.