Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Displaying image file in calculation field

This topic is 4311 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I am new to FileMaker Pro and can't find the answer to my question on the discussion forums.

I have a database in which each record has a thumbnail image associated with it. I imported the record data, including the image file name, from various spreadsheets and then created a calculation field to display the thumbnail using a relative path calculated from the path to the folder holding the image files plus the imported value for the image filename. For example:

"image:Media/" & Image Name 01

This works great on the local network and on stand-alone versions of the database and avoids having to "right-click" hundreds of times to link images in a container field.

However, now I need to take the database to the web. We are using FileMaker Pro 11's Instant Web Publishing and I have tried moving image files into the "web" folder and changing the calculation to reflect this fact:

"image:Web/" & Image Name 01

Where "Web" is the "Web" folder in FileMaker Pro. The calculation field doesn't work; images are not displayed through IWP.

I have tried moving the database to the correct relative position, i.e. in the same enclosing folder as "Web," but that doesn't work. I have tried creating a container field defined by a calculation, but that doesn't work either.

Surely there is a way to display images using IWP without having to go through each individual record and right-click the container field to create the link. Any ideas?

Thank you,

-Robert.

This topic is 4311 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.