Sign in to follow this  
logodigital

Problem with drag&drop Import Folder

I use the latest Version SC with FM-Server on Mac-OS - everything Works Fine...

A Drag& drop Import in a webviewer with a Single file is no Problem, but when I drop a Folder nothing happend!

In the documentation i read, Folder get store as zip-File.

Whats the Problem?

A folder is not a file, therefore you may not be able to drop it in. You can use the plug-in and create an upload script, however.

Yes i know that, but i tought that the functionality is the same as in Troi FilePlugin - when I drop a folder there in the drop-area, it will be zipped and stored as one file.

Any workaround to do this in SC without other plugins??

A Drag& drop Import in a webviewer with a Single file is no Problem, but when I drop a Folder nothing happend!

In the documentation i read, Folder get store as zip-File.

Whats the Problem?

SuperContainer does in fact zip folders and upload them, however this only works on OS machines using the Java applet. By default, Mac OS X machines are running in noapplet mode due to the fact that the more recent updates to how Mac OS X handles Java applets causes FileMaker to crash. We had to work around this by introducing the "noapplet" style and instead integrating Drag-and-drop using HTML5.

If, by chance, you are using a Windows machine with the Java applet running, or an older Mac OS X machine that has not upgraded its version of Java, then you can also upload folders and SC will zip them and upload them.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards,