Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FileMaker Server 11v2 - Java errors

This topic is 4280 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi gang,

Trying to access Server Admin Console. FMS11v2 is installed on an iMac running Mac OS 10.7.4 with Java SE 6 (32-bit and 64-bit, both versions 1.6.0-b03-424)

When I run localhost:16000 from a web browser, the first error I get is:

The Database Server is not available. To edit server deployment, please start the Database Server first. Then I hit the Restart button.

THen I get this error: Unable to start the database server. Please contact your system administrator for assistance.

Anyone out there gracious enough to step me through getting this server installed properly and configured so I can access the Sever Admin Panel successfully.

Sigh... thanks ;-)

Don

You have to start the overall "wrapper" service first before you can use the Console. The Console is the UI for the admin server, not for the entire set of daemons that constitute FileMaker Server.

From the Terminal utility on the server machine:

sudo launchctl start com.filemaker.fms

When the daemon is running, you should be able to launch the Console. Be sure correct ports are available.

Steven

Thanks Steve - tried:

sudo launchctl start com.filemaker.fms

error came up "The Database Server is not available. To edit server deployment, please start the Database Server first. Then I click the "Restart" button.

After 10 seconds, this error message comes up: "Unable to start the database server. Please contact your system administrator for assistance."

Regarding ports - are you talking about opening port in the firewall of the routers or the server machine itself. Which ports need to be open?

Steve, not that I do not love struggling for a few days with trying to install this server (sarcasm), but would you be willing to assist me via a remote session to resolve this issue. I am sure my client would be willing compensate for the time you spend to get him up and running. Please email me, privately at [email protected] if you you can find a gap of time to fit us in. Thanks again for considering this..

This topic is 4280 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.