1-10 labeled buttons to add value to one field

This topic is 4252 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Guys,

I need to have one field add up numbers given to it by 10 buttons valued and labeled from 1-10.

So if someone pushes the 10 button the field will show 10, if again 20, if pushing4

now it would show 24 as a total.

Currently I have 10 fields that by the user clicking on button enters the value into its

own field, and than the total field that is a calculation field with:

ScoreTotal10 = Score1 + Score2, etc.

Which adds up all of the values for a total of 55 but does not add anymore if someone

decides to hit the 10 again

I think by this question that you can see I'm still struggling with FMP 11

so any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

*Sorry I should add that the end result will be used in Filemaker Go (presently 11) 12

When I see your script idea (Set Field [ YourTable::ScoreTotal ; YourTable::ScoreTotal + Get ( ScriptParameter )it makes me feel that I should lower my Skill Level down a couple of notches. I'm sorry to say I need a more step-by-step example not sure where to start with it.

In terms of any mistake by the user I will probably have a button to clear the field to start over.

You could use a script that does:

Set Field [ YourTable::ScoreTotal ; YourTable::ScoreTotal + Get ( ScriptParameter )

then assign the buttons to run this script with corresponding parameter for each button.

You didn't say what this will be used for; usually, one would like to keep some sort of trail - in case of pressing a button by mistake.

This topic is 4252 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.